Jessie's father invites her to the military base where she grew up and reveals that he is marrying her rival's mother. Meanwhile, Darla's brother Caleb takes a shine to Emma and they try to make their relationship work.
- Debby Ryan as Jessie Prescott
- Peyton List as Emma Ross
- Cameron Boyce as Luke Ross
- Karan Brar as Ravi Ross
- Skai Jackson as Zuri Ross
- Kevin Chamberlin as Bertram Winkle
- Molly Shannon as Col. Beverly Shannon
- James Patrick Stuartas Lt. Colonel John Wayne "J.W." Prescott
- Molly Burnett as Darla Shannon
- Kate Flannery as Corporal Cookie
- Dylan Boyace as Caleb
- Merrick McCartha as Chaplain
- The episode title was G.I. Jessie, a parody of G.I. Joe.
- This was the the third Jessie one-hour special event, following Austin & Jessie & Ally: All Star New Year and Jessie's Big Break.
- In this episode it is revealed that Jessie's mom died when she was younger.
- The majority of the episode does not take place in New York.
- In this episode, Jessie quits, but after Luke, Ravi and Zuri save her and Emma, she comes back to the kids as a nanny.
- Jessie curses in this episode, though it is censored by a blender.
- It's the second time Emma painstakingly mentions One Direction, first time in "Quitting Cold Koala".
- This episode is the Season 2 finale, but would've been a reasonable series finale for the following reasons:
- It is the first episode where Jessie's dad and Darla appear, two characters who have been mentioned several times throughout the series.
- Jessie's dad gets married to Darla's mom in this episode.
- It illustrates that family is worth fighting for.
- Jessie almost quit because the kids weren't obeying her something they never do in this series. Her job holds this whole series together, without it there would be no Jessie.
- The episode was first in the part of Friday Night of Premieres right after Wander Over Yonder's episode "The Greatest / The Egg".
- It is rumored that Jessie's dad or Darla will appear in Season 3 Finale.
- This is the Season 2 finale.
- Much more water should have came out of the water tower that would flood the entire Ross penthouse.
- The kids would have gotten in trouble for breaking a water tower, but they got away with it.
- When Colonel Shannon throws her bouquet, Emma goes into the group of single women to catch it however she is already in a relationship with Caleb.
- Colonel Shannon mentions having knowledge of Area 51 which is supposed to be an Air Force base, not an Army base.