|Created by||Pamela Eells O'Connell|
|Starring|| Debby Ryan|
|Theme music composer||Toby Gad & Kinship Robbins|
|Opening theme||"Hey, Jessie" by Debby Ryan|
|Composer(s)||John Adair & Steve Hampton|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||60(aired) (List of episodes)|
|Pamela Eells O'Connell|
|Location(s)|| New York City (setting)|
Hollywood Center Studios,
(Los Angeles, California) (Taping location)
|Camera setup|| Videotape (filmized);|
|Running time||22-24 minutes|
| It's a Laugh Productions|
Bon Mot Productions
Disney Channel Original Productions
|Original channel||Disney Channel|
|Picture format|| 480i (SDTV)|
|Original airing||September 30, 2011-|
JESSIE is an American family/teen sitcom which premiered on September 30, 2011 on Disney Channel. The series was created and executive produced by Pamela Eells O'Connell. It stars Debby Ryan as Jessie, a small town girl who moves to New York City and unexpectedly becomes a nanny to four kids portrayed by Peyton List, Cameron Boyce, Karan Brar and Skai Jackson.
The series follows Jessie Prescott, an 18-year-old, now 19, small town girl with big dreams who decides to leave her hometown in Texas for New York City. She accepts a job as a nanny and moves into a multi-million dollar penthouse apartment on the Upper West Side with the wealthy Ross family. The family includes jet-setting parents, Morgan and Christina, and their four rambunctious children, Emma, Luke, Ravi, and Zuri along with the family's pet, a seven-foot monitor lizard. With a whole new world of experiences open to her, Jessie embarks on new adventures in the big city as she learns to rely on the love and support of the children in her care. Assisting her are Bertram, the family’s sarcastic butler, and Tony, the building's 20-year-old doorman.
Cast and characters
- Jessie Prescott (Debby Ryan) is an idealistic and resourceful 18-year-old from rural Texas who moves to New York City to realize her dreams and becomes a nanny to the four Ross children along the way.
- Emma Ross (Peyton List) is a bubbly but cynical 13-year-old girl, eager to order the world the way she sees it. She is the only biological child of the bunch.
- Luke Ross (Cameron Boyce) is a mischievous 12-year-old boy adopted at the age of five from Detroit who has a passion for video games and dancing. He considers himself a ladies' man and has taken a liking to Jessie in particular.
- Ravi Ross (Karan Brar) is a 10-year-old boy from India and the newest adoptee to join the Ross family. He is imbued with the culture of his beloved homeland, but is thrilled with his new life in America.
- Zuri Ross (Skai Jackson) is an adorable, sassy 7-year old who was adopted at birth in Africa. She is the one who discovered Jessie in the first episode. She has close-knit relationships with Emma and Jessie. She is also Luke's partner-in-crime, but she lets him fend for himself.
- Bertram (Kevin Chamberlin) is the frosty butler of the Ross family who begrudgingly helps Jessie navigate her job as nanny for the four Ross children.
- Mrs. Kipling Ross (Frank the Lizard) is the house pet, a 7-foot Asian Water Monitor lizard. Ravi found the lizard when she was only a egg, and he is his only link to his beloved homeland, India. While the series was in fruition, she was orignally a capybara.
- Tony (Chris Galya) is the building's 20-year-old doorman. He has a crush on Jessie.
- Morgan Ross (Chip Esten) is the kids' father. He's a high budget film director.
- Christina Ross (Christina Moore) is the kids' mother. She's a former model turned business mogule.
- Rhoda Chesterfield (Carolyn Hennesy) is the main antagonist who is head of the board.
- Agatha (Jennifer Veal) is the mean nanny who bullies Jessie and the Ross family.
Development and production
JESSIE skipped the pilot phase and was directly put into production by Disney Channel. The show is taped at Hollywood Center Studios and takes place in New York City. It was announced on June 9, 2011 that production had begun on the series. Thirteen episodes were initially ordered for the first season. On July 22, 2011 when the show's freshman season was in production, Disney Channel ordered an additional seven episodes bringing the total episodes for the first season to 20. The series has since been renewed for a second season of 28 episodes, which premiered on October 5, 2012. There is also a TV movie for JESSIE that has gone into production. On January 5, 2013 JESSIE was renewed for third season and Debby Ryan confirmed filming will start May 2013 and is set to premiere October 4, 2013 and Karan Brar said Peyton List (Emma) may not return for season 3, but we see that she is still present.