|Place of birth||
January 18, 1999 (age 19)
Karan Brar (born January 18, 1999) is an Indian-American actor, best known for his role as Chirag Gupta in the Wimpy Kid feature film franchise, Diary of a Wimpy Kid and Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules, as well as for his co-starring role as Ravi Ross on the Disney Channel comedy series, JESSIE and its spinoff, Bunk'd, and his voicing of Prince Zandar in Sofia the First episodes.
Karan Brar was born on January 18, 1999 in Redmond, Washington and is of Indian decent. He was raised in the Bothell-Seattle area and has one oldersister. Brar attended Cedar Wood Elementary School and studied acting at John Robert Powers and Patti Kalles workshops.
Brar began his acting career at the age of 11, co-starring as Indian middle schooler Chirag Gupta in the comedy feature film, Diary of a Wimpy Kid. Born and raised in the United States, Brar naturally speaks with an American accent and worked with a dialect coach to perfect his Indian accent for the role. In April 2010, he appeared in the "Seeds of Compassion" advertorial campaign announcing the Dalai Lama's visit to Seattle, as well as appearing in educational commercials for Shell Gasoline and Committee for Children.
In March 2011, Brar reprised his role as Chirag Gupta in the feature film sequel Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules. In October 2011, it was confirmed that he would also be reprising his role as Chirag for the third installment in the Wimpy Kid franchise, Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days, scheduled to be released on August 3, 2012.
In September 2011, Brar landed the role of 10-year-old Indian adoptee, "Ravi Ross" on the Disney Channel comedy series, Jessie. During pre-production of the show, the role of "Ravi" was originally intended to be a Hispanic boy named "Javier" adopted from South America, but casting directors were impressed with Brar during the audition process and ultimately decided to recreate the role specifically for him.
On July 31, 2015, Brar and JESSIE co-stars Peyton List (Emma) and Skai Jackson (Zuri) debuted on a spin-off series, Bunk'd, about life at Camp Kikiwaka in Maine, where the Ross clan's parents, Morgan (Charles Esten) and Christina (Christina Moore), met as teenagers and fell in love.
Brar lives in the Los Angeles area with his parents and sister. He is fluent in both English and Punjabi. When he isn't busy working, Brar enjoys figure skating, roller skating, swimming, hip-hop dancing and playing video games. He also starred in IISuperwomanII's How I Deal With Kids YouTube video.
|2010||Diary of a Wimpy Kid||Chirag Gupta||Supporting role|
|2011||Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules||Chirag Gupta||Supporting role|
|2012||Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days||Chirag Gupta||Supporting role|
|2011–2015||Jessie||Ravi Ross||Main cast|
|2012||Pair of Kings||Tito||Guest Star|
|2012||Austin & Ally||Ravi Ross||Guest Star|
|2013-present||Pass the Plate||Himself||Co-host of Season 2|
|2013-present||Sofia the First||Prince Zandar||Minor character in episodes|
|2013||Good Luck Charlie||Ravi Ross||Guest Star|
|2014||Lab Rats||Kal Zar||Guest Star|
|2015-present||Bunk'd||Ravi Ross||Main cast|
- He played Ravi Ross on Jessie, and continues to play Ravi on the spin-off series, Bunk'd.
- He has guest stared on Pair of Kings
- He watches I Didn't Do It.
- He stands at 5 feet and 4 inches.
- He is 19 years old (Born January 18, 1999)
- He and Cameron Boyce recently graduated high school on the same school (May, 2017).
- Peyton List and Karan Brar knew each other before they starred on Jessie, as they worked together on "Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules" and "Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days." Following the conclusion of JESSIE, they continued to co-star together in the spin-off series, Bunk'd.
- He can speak English in a British accent very well. He also mastered the Indian accent required to play Ravi.
- He started his acting career at the age of 11.
- One of his most favorite places to go to is New York City, especially Times Square.
To view Karan's image gallery go here.