|“||Im going to get you back for this, Bertram||”|
— Luke to Bertram in A Close Shave.
Lucas Filbert "Chickmagnet" Ross (born Lucas Filbert Olson) is the tritagonist of JESSIE. He is shown to be a very mischievous boy. He was adopted from Detroit, Michigan when he was six years old. Luke is the second oldest child of the Ross family, after Emma. He is currently 16 years old.
Luke is portrayed by Cameron Boyce.
Lucas Philbert, preferred to be called "Luke" was born on August 8, 1999 in Detroit, Michigan to Vanessa Olson, which was announced in Lizard Scales and Wrestling Tales. He was adopted at the age of five by Morgan and Christina Ross. Luke has a stuffed bear named Kenny The Koala.In his first days of school, Luke quickly became popular among his friends and peers. He is shown to be athletic, but does poorly grade-wise. Upon meeting Jessie, Luke quickly forms a crush on her but despite the fact that there's a six year age gap between them, he still tries to flirt with her. Luke's favorite thing to do is take advantage of his slightly younger brother, Ravi Ross, but in the end, Luke gets what he deserves.
Luke is a mischievous, sarcastic, cool, and a prank-loving boy. Several times he is shown to be dull, especially in math, yet he is clever when it comes to playing tricks on his siblings and Bertram.
Luke is very talented at dancing, especially breakdancing. He often finds toning his dancing skills down to be difficult. In the episode "One Day Wonders" he breakdances while Jessie plays the song "Texas Guys" in Central Park. In "Toy Con" he and Emma give Bertram salsa dancing lessons so that he can impress a girl he has a crush on, by showing him some "basic steps," that no novice regardless of their weight can keep up with. When Bertram's self-confidence at the dance contest gets the best of him, Luke takes his place. The girl describes him as "a bit of a showboat," which is proven to be quite true when he and Emma win the contest hands down. He also had a crush on Bryn Breitbart, but Bryn became mean to him.
Changes of Personality
Luke is immature, mischievous and a prankster.
He is slighty more mature and might be a little smarter.
He is much smarter and quite mature now. He is also more sensitive.
Luke has brown hair, brown eyes, and lots of freckles. He also has dimples on both sides of his mouth. He is said to have a great smile. He doesn't care that much about his clothes as he has been known to rarely change his underwear.
Jessie is Luke's nanny and best friend who he has a crush on. Even though she makes it clear she's uninterested, he doesn't give up. (SEE: Lessie)
"I am happy that you are Ross."
— Emma to Luke.
Emma is Luke's older sister. They tend to fight a lot, but they still have some fun adventures together and can sometimes get along.
Emma and Luke are in some ways closer to each other than to other siblings.
Or looking at their skirmishes they really love each other. Emma shows how much Luke dear to her when he wanted to find his biological mother and only Emma agreed to help him, whatever it takes. They also love to make fun of each other, always positive to each other and always there for one another. SEE: (Luma)
SEE: (Lavi) Ravi is Luke's younger brother adopted from India and his best friend. Luke enjoys pulling pranks on Ravi, but they do share a good brotherly relationship.
Zuri is Luke's younger sister adopted from Africa. They appear to have a good brother-sister relationship. (see Luri)
Morgan and Christina Ross
They are the parents of Luke Ross. Luke is described as the child version of his dad.
Connie has an obsessive crush on Luke in Creepy Connie Comes a Callin'. However, he doesn't like her back because she is creepy. She returns in Creepy Connie's Curtain Call. She gets the lead role in Jessie's play in order to kiss him. Connie almost married him in Creepy Connie 3: The Creepening. See: (Lonnie)
- Connie Thompson had an obsessive and major crush on him.
- Luke was originally written as a 10 year old boy from South Korea named Hiro.
- It shows that he wears boxers, but Ravi says he wears tighty whities, but you can also see brief in one episode. (The Kid Whisperer).
- Luke is proud of the fact that he has big ears and the fact that he's gassy because he thinks it brings him closer to dating Jessie.
- He owes Ravi 10 dollars.
- He plays the accordion.
- In an alternate future, Luke becomes a Dance-ketball Hall of Famer. (The Jessie-nator: Grudgement Day)
- According to Luke, Kenny the Koala was his only family when he got adopted. (Quitting Cold Koala)
- Luke's voice begins to deepen by the end of season 2 due to Cameron Boyce going through puberty, along with Ravi's voice. Similar to Gabe from Good Luck Charlie and Max from Wizards of Waverly Place.
- He has a bucket list. (Good Luck Jessie: NYC Christmas)
- He has a fantasy girlfriend list. (Diary of a Mad Newswoman)
- He possibly has Synesthesia and can see music as colors. (All The Knight Moves)
- Luke wants to become a professional dancer when he's older. (Krumping and Crushing)
- For a while, he believed he was from another planet named Krypton because Morgan told him he was. It wasn't until later when he found out he was from Detroit.
- He is revealed to eat and chew his toenails. ("Rossed at Sea Part 1").
- Luke will not be in the new spinoff Bunk'd with Emma, Ravi, and Zuri for 2 reasons. 1. Cameron's character is in summer school, and because Cameron is filming the new Disney XD show Gamer's Guide to Everything.
| To view the Luke Ross gallery, click here.
|Jessie Prescott | Emma Ross | Luke Ross | Ravi Ross | Zuri Ross | Bertram Winkle|
|Mrs. Kipling | Tony Chiccolini | Rhoda Chesterfield | Agatha | Christina Ross | Morgan Ross | Zeus | Officer Petey | Rosie|
| Angela | Nana Banana | Vincent Liotta | Jordan Taylor | Connie Thompson | Lindsey | Brody Winton | Shaylee Michaels | Trevor | Finch | J.J. Mayfield | Axel | Samantha