“Say Yes to the Messy Dress”
Season 2, Episode 8
January 18, 2013
PlotJessie offers to introduce the kids to NBA All-star Chris Bosh, who's in town to play one of Luke's favorite local basketball teams in the park. Determined to make sure his beloved team wins the game, Luke takes Bosh's lucky socks and fixes it up. Then, he realizes that Chris Bosh starts to lose his memory and to be a complete sucker in basketball. Meanwhile, a famous fashion designer sends Emma a dress to review on her fashion blog. However, things get complicated when Jessie accidentally damages the dress after going to solve a rat issue with Mrs. Kipling.
- Debby Ryan as Jessie Prescott
- Peyton List as Emma Ross
- Cameron Boyce as Luke Ross
- Karan Brar as Ravi Ross
- Skai Jackson as Zuri Ross
- Kevin Chamberlin as Bertram Winkle
- Chris Bosh as himself
Jessie: Well I meant Toosh but it's hard to find words that rhyme with "Bosh".Luke: How about "Squash"?
Zuri: "Slosh"?Jessie: I was nine.
- The title references the reality show Say Yes to the Dress.
- Arturo Vitali from The Suite Life On Deck was mentioned in this episode.
- This episode aired on Karan Brar's 14th birthday (January 18,1999).
- Unlike other "It's a Laugh Productions" series, when the camera zooms to Chris Bosh for the first time, a cheer crowd is not heard even though he is a celebrity in real life.
- There are multiple references made to LeBron James.
- Because of the Tipton Tea billboard (Tempest in a Teacup) and the mentioning of Arturo Vitali, it is most likely that one of the characters from The Suite Life
- Jessie says she met Chris Bosh back when she lived in Texas which in reality is actually where he was born.
- In the scene where Zuri is unzipping the dress, she is pulling on the back, when you can see that it is under Jessie's right arm.
- Emma got a dress from Arturo Vitali but in the episode Trashin' Fashion she said his clothes were so bad he should go to jail , but she probably meant she hated some of the clothes he designed.
- It is unknown why Jessie couldn't have just borrowed Christina's dress because she would have approved.
- Jessie explained to Chris that he had cheered at her high school. She then says she didn't know what rhymed with "bosh" because she was nine at the time. But a nine year old does not go to high school. Most likely she was in the audience and she was referring tothe high school she went to years later.
- Jessie could have worn her prom dress,because Bertram could have just washed it. However, it did have an ink stain which is near impossible to get out.
- When Luke, Ravi and Jessie are in the park with Chris Bosh before the big basketball game, Chris Bosh wasn't wearing his lucky socks, however he figures out he doesn't need the socks.
| To view the Say Yes to the Messy Dress gallery, click here.