|“||I already took care of the bathroom thing. You don't wanna know!||”|
To the kids' dismay, Jessie has Emma, Ravi, and Zuri take the subway to the cultural fair for Emma's social studies assignment for Battery Park because Emma put the project off, but Jessie has trouble reading the map and they keep taking the wrong train further uptown to Washington Heights, Chinatown, and Yorkville. Meanwhile, Bertram and Luke look for a pesky spider that has made its home in the apartment. We learn that they have a fear of spiders.
- Debby Ryan as Jessie Prescott
- Peyton List as Emma Ross
- Cameron Boyce as Luke Ross
- Karan Brar as Ravi Ross
- Skai Jackson as Zuri Ross
- Kevin Chamberlin as Bertram Winkle
- Torsten Voges as Fritz
- This episode was also advertised as "Lost in the City" as an alternative title.
- The episode title is a parody of the song "Take the "A" Train" which various artists have named their songs.
- This marks the second episode in a row Luke appears wearing boxers. The first one is in the previous episode Are You Cooler Than a 5th Grader?.
- In this episode, there was a reference to Lady Gaga is made when there was an old woman dressed in one of Gaga's outfits on the train and Emma called her "Granny Gaga".
- The title refers to the real-life A train service, a long-running New York City Subway service along the IND Eighth Avenue Line in Manhattan, IND Fulton Street Line in Brooklyn and Queens, and the IND Rockaway Line in the Rockaways and connects JFK airport. It is also the longest train service of New York City Subway that goes from the Inwood-Washington Heights area to The Rockaways.
- This is the first time Ravi doesn't wear Indian clothes, but rather an I Heart New York shirt tucked in with khaki shorts, a black belt, a fanny pack, and a red jacket. He is wearing socks with sandals like always though.
- When Luke slides across the floor in his shirt and boxers, this may be a reference to the Tom Cruise film Risky Business.
- When Bertram and Luke are getting ready to use the spider spray and Bertram says “sayonara spidy” and Luke says “he’s woven his last web” they do so in a voice like green goblin from Spider-Man
- When Emma is showing Jessie the pictures she took on the subway, there is a moment when you can hear Emma talking but you can't see her mouth moving.
- Emma shows Jessie a picture of Ravi throwing up some of the German food, but Ravi spit it out instead of throwing it up, and Emma didn't get a picture of it. However, Ravi possibly threw up later off camera and she took a picture then.
- At one point when Emma is showing the pictures she took, the reflection of the cameraman can be seen in the window over them.
Jessie: OMG, I am turning into my dad. All I need is a crew cut and a weird desire to have someone punch me in the stomach.
Luke: Bertram, you've already failed at life. I've still got a life full of failure ahead of me."
Luke: Here's the plan, You charge at him, and if he goes right, you hit him with this.
Bertram: What if he goes left?
| To view the Take the A-Train... I Think? gallery, click here.
"Are You Cooler Than a 5th Grader?"
"Romancing the Crone"