“The Secret Life of Mr. Kipling”
Season 1, Episode 26
September 7, 2012
Eric Dean Seaton
"The Secret Life of Mr. Kipling" (also known as Make Way for Kiplings) is the season one finale of JESSIE. It first aired on September 7, 2012.
After finding a nest of eggs on the terrace, Jessie and Ravi discover that Mr. Kipling is really Mrs. Kipling, and, a mom-to-be. However, after accidentally misplacing her eggs, Ravi realizes he may have to work at becoming a better grandparent to baby lizards. Meanwhile, Zuri is determined to throw the perfect funeral for her beloved invisible friend, Milly the Mermaid who was killed by a swordfish.
- Debby Ryan as Jessie Prescott
- Peyton List as Emma Ross
- Cameron Boyce as Luke Ross
- Karan Brar as Ravi Ross
- Skai Jackson as Zuri Ross
- Kevin Chamberlin as Bertram Winkle
- The name might be a parody of the ABC Family television show, Secret Life of an American Teenager
- Ravi naming three of the kids Rikki, Tikki, and Tavi is a reference to the book Rikki Tikki Tavi, by Rudyard Kipling. It takes place in India.
- Zuri's middle name was revealed in this episode.
- Ravi named one of his lizards Gupta, making a reference to the Diary Of A Wimpy Kid movies, where Karan Brar played Chirag Gupta.
- Final mention appearance of Milly the Mermaid.
- This is the first season finale.
To view the The Secret Life of Mr. Kipling gallery, click here.
- Jessie, Luke, and Ravi were disguised as waiters/waitresses, and the owner believed that they were. But he should've recognized them, as he saw them just a few minutes before.