PlotAfter finding a nest of eggs on the terrace, Jessie and Ravi discover that Mr. Kipling is really a girl--and a mom-to-be. However, after accidentally misplacing her eggs, Ravi realizes that he may have to work at becoming a better grandparent to baby lizards. Meanwhile, Zuri is determined to throw the perfect funeral for her beloved imaginary friend, Milly the Mermaid.
- Debby Ryan as Jessie Prescott
- Peyton List as Emma Ross
- Cameron Boyce as Luke Ross
- Karan Brar as Ravi Ross
- Skai Jackson as Zuri Ross
- Kevin Chamberlin as Bertram Winkle
- Travis Wester as Chef Rolando
- The name seems to be a parody of the ABC Family (Now Freeform) television show, Secret Life of an American Teenager.
- Ravi naming three of the kids Rikki, Tikki, and Tavi is a reference to the book "Rikki-tikki-tavi", by Rudyard Kipling. It takes place in British India.
- Zuri's middle name, Zenobia, was revealed by Bertram in this episode.
- Ravi named one of his lizards Gupta, making a reference to the Diary of a Wimpy Kid movie series, where he played Chirag Gupta and Peyton List played Holly Hills.
- This is the second episode to be directed by Eric Dean Seaton, the first being We Are So Grounded. Ironically, that episode was mentioned by Jessie saying "At least someone had fun on that trip".
- This is the last mention of Millie the Mermaid due to her death. She was mentioned again though in Rossed At Sea Part 1
- This is the Season 1 finale.
- The working title was, "Make Way for Kiplings".
- The reason why Mrs. Kipling is pregnant because, back in the episode We Are So Grounded, she must've had mated with another lizard she met.
- Jessie, Luke, and Ravi were disguised as waiters/waitresses, and the owner believed that they were. However, he should've recognized them, as he saw them just a few minutes before.
- Zuri said that Millie the Mermaid was going to be buried in her coconut bra, but she asked Emma which dress she chose for her.
| To view the The Secret Life of Mr. Kipling gallery, click here.