Season 2, Episode 1
October 5, 2012
The Ross kids become concerned that history is repeating itself after a scary old doorman tells them a building legend about a nanny who did “something terrible” to the kids in her care on Halloween. Meanwhile, Jessie and Tony work together to crash an exclusive Halloween party so Jessie can give her short story to a famous magazine editor.
- Debby Ryan as Jessie Prescott
- Peyton List as Emma Ross
- Cameron Boyce as Luke Ross
- Karan Brar as Ravi Ross
- Skai Jackson as Zuri Ross
- Kevin Chamberlin as Bertram Winkle
- Chris Galya as Tony
- Karsen Skinner as Spooky Twin
- Kendel Skinner as other Spooky Twin
- Meshach Taylor as Grimm Haloran
- First Halloween episode of the series.
- This episode recieved 3.6 million viewers on its premiere night.
- This is the 2nd time Ravi speaks in Hindi, his language by birth.
- Jessie running around and chasing the kids to different rooms is a reference to Scooby Doo cartoon chases scenes.
- When Jessie comes from the elevator while looking for the kids, she doesn't sound like herself, hinting she may have been possessed by the nanny from the 20s after all.
- When Bertram is costumed as a werewolf and unsuccessfully try to scare Jessie, he offendly says "werewolf used to be scary, I blame Taylor Lautner". It's a reference to Jacob Black, character from Twilight saga and played by Taylor Lautner.
- The first name Grimm is obviously a reference to the Grimm brothers.
- At the party, Tony wears a Frankenstein's monster mask.
- This episode is obviously a parody of The Shining movie
- The title reference "The Whining".
- When Jessie finishes her short story, she proudly says "Take that, Stephen King!" The Shining is a novel from Stephen King.
-The children are frightened by spooky twins. In the end, it's revealed that the twins are real. In the movie, Danny, Jack's song, is frightened by spooky ghost twins.
- Zuri driving a toy car parodies Danny's kart
- The scene where Tony accidently spills punch in the elevator is a reference to the blood-spilling flooding the hall scene.
- The scene when Jessie choops the door from the party room with an axe shouting "Here's Jessie!" is a parody of the most famous scene from the movie, when Jack tries to kill his wife Wendy and choops the door of the bathroom with an axe shouting "Here's Johnny!"
- Grimm Haloran is a parody of the ghost bartender. Also, his name Haloran is a reference to Hallorann, a character from the movie.
- This is Season 2 Premiere.
- This is the first Halloween episode to have actually happen instead of it being a dream and/or what if.
- This episode revealed that Grimm was a ghost along with the 20s Jessie.
- Jessie can actually be an reencarnation of the 20s Jessie.
- When Bertram dressed himself as a leprechaun it was provably a reference to the film "Leprechaun".
- Jessie's Novel may be a reference to the Dead film series by George A. Romero.
| To view the The Whining gallery, click here.