“To Be Me or Not to Be Me”
Season 2, Episode 13
April 5, 2013
Pamela Eells O'Connell
PlotA packaging arrives for Ravi with a bell in it. The bell is said to have magic powers. When Jessie and Zuri are both holding the bell, it causes them to switch bodies. Then, Emma and Luke switch bodies, and, Ravi and Bertram switch bodies. The body switching results in many problems. Once Emma and Luke switch bodies, their problem is their different personalities. Luke in Emma's body annoys Emma because he is acting very gross and extremely boyish and making Emma belch loudly. Emma in Luke's body is annoying Luke (in Emma's body), because she is acting extremely girly. When Ravi and Bertram switch bodies, Ravi gets freaked out. Bertram is obsessed with having hair and is scaring Ravi. During this episode, Zuri acts very childish and little kiddish. Jessie has trouble getting Zuri to listen to her, especially when Zuri is in Jessie's body. Plus, Jessie has her first big acting role while Zuri is in her body. In the end, everyone switches back and the kids destroy the bell. But, once they walk into the kitchen, they see that Mrs. Kipling and Jessie switched bodies, and they scream. It is then revealed that this was all Mrs. Kipling's imagination.
- Debby Ryan as Jessie Prescott/Zuri Ross/Mrs. Kipling
- Peyton List as Emma Ross/Luke Ross
- Cameron Boyce as Luke Ross/Emma Ross
- Karan Brar as Ravi Ross/Bertram Winkle
- Skai Jackson as Zuri Ross/Jessie Prescott
- Kevin Chamberlin as Bertram Winkle/Ravi Ross
- Robert Picardo as Cyril Lipton
Zuri Ross: (In Jessie's body) but I don't wanna be a struggling actor.
Luke Ross: I can't believe they're still pretending
- This episode aired in a Disney Channel "Freaky Freakend" marathon alongside Austin and Ally, Dog with a Blog, A.N.T. Farm, Shake it Up, Gravity Falls, & Phineas & Ferb.
- The episode's title reference the phrase "To Be Me or Not to Be Me" from the Shakespearean play "Hamlet" Plus, Jessie is in a Shakespeare play herself, cast as a spirit at first, and a witch by the end.
- This is the third time Emma is Kitty Couture even though it is just Luke in Emma's body.
- Unlike most "Freaky Freakend" episodes, the characters will not switch voices. However, Ravi brings his accent with him when he switches bodies with Bertram, and Jessie and Mrs. Kipling switch voices.
- When Emma is trying to get Luke to give Ravi back his bell, she mistakenly calls it the "Sanjay Gupta". Both of these words are names of the baby lizards. Also Karan Brar played Chirag Gupta in Diary of a Wimpy Kid.
- Luke (in Emma) mentions the viral video of the monkey sniffing his butt.
- This episode was originally titled 'Freaky Friday'.
- Each cast member technically had "double-roles" in terms of characters.
To view the To Be Me or Not to Be Me transcript, click here.
| To view the To Be Me or Not to Be Me gallery, click here.